Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
How in the world can you stage an outdoor hockey game in the desert (though Los Angeles is hosting one this season)? Where would the game be at? Would it draw fans similar to cities like Pittsburgh and Buffalo have?
But Coyotes coach Dave Tippett told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Wednesday that he'd be all for the team hosting a Stadium Series game.
"It's great for the organization, great for the city," Tippett said. "Any time you can highlight your sport like that and get 30, 40, 50 thousand people at a game, it's all positive. They look like they're real festive events. Deep down, players want to be involved in something like that.
"If we could get a game like that in Phoenix, I think it'd be great for our city and great for our players. It'd be fun for the players."
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.