Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
How in the world can you stage an outdoor hockey game in the desert (though Los Angeles is hosting one this season)? Where would the game be at? Would it draw fans similar to cities like Pittsburgh and Buffalo have?
But Coyotes coach Dave Tippett told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Wednesday that he'd be all for the team hosting a Stadium Series game.
"It's great for the organization, great for the city," Tippett said. "Any time you can highlight your sport like that and get 30, 40, 50 thousand people at a game, it's all positive. They look like they're real festive events. Deep down, players want to be involved in something like that.
"If we could get a game like that in Phoenix, I think it'd be great for our city and great for our players. It'd be fun for the players."
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!