Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
How in the world can you stage an outdoor hockey game in the desert (though Los Angeles is hosting one this season)? Where would the game be at? Would it draw fans similar to cities like Pittsburgh and Buffalo have?
But Coyotes coach Dave Tippett told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley and Marotta Wednesday that he'd be all for the team hosting a Stadium Series game.
"It's great for the organization, great for the city," Tippett said. "Any time you can highlight your sport like that and get 30, 40, 50 thousand people at a game, it's all positive. They look like they're real festive events. Deep down, players want to be involved in something like that.
"If we could get a game like that in Phoenix, I think it'd be great for our city and great for our players. It'd be fun for the players."
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?