Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
People have said for years that hockey wouldn't work in the desert, but behind new ownership, the Phoenix Coyotes are making an impact this season both in the National Hockey League and the Valley.
But the owners are reportedly not stopping at new advertising. They want an outdoor game.
Daly: Phoenix Coyotes told him they're prepared to host an outdoor game— Hockey Central (@SNHockeyCentral) December 9, 2013
The outdoor game would be part of the NHL's Stadium Series, something he also said the league plans to continue on an annual basis but possibly with fewer games.
Daly did not speculate on a venue for the game.
The NHL has recently begun experimenting with outdoor games in warmer climates. The Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings will play an outdoor game at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.