Report: Phoenix Coyotes sign forward Gilbert Brule to 1-year deal
The team reportedly has signed the 26-year-old to a one-year, two-way deal.
Brule was the sixth overall pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. He played with the Coyotes in the 2011-12 season, posting five goals and nine assists.
The former first-rounder played 14 games in Switzerland last year, and attended Coyotes training camp in September before joining the team's AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.