Coyotes defenseman Derek Morris injured in Canucks game
Morris was injured at some point during the first period and only saw 3:05 of ice time.
Head coach Dave Tippett said after the game he was unsure if Morris would be available for Phoenix's Wednesday game in Anaheim.
"I said, 'How you doing?' and he said, 'Alright,' but I haven't talked to anybody yet," Tippett said of his only conversation with Morris after the injury.
"He was telling me it might have been an injury from a few days ago that just kind of cramped up on him, so we'll see. I don't think it's too serious."
The Coyotes will certainly miss Morris if he is out for an extended period. DMo was riding a three-game point streak prior to the injury. He is currently third among all NHL defensemen in points with 10 and has been a huge force on the Coyotes blue line all season.
However, Tippett said his team can likely cope with a small injury to Morris thanks to some returning players.
"We've got [David] Rundblad there and [David] Schlemko is really close, so we'll see where we are [Wednesday] night and one of those guys will go in if [Morris] can't play."
The Coyotes are no stranger to defensive injuries this season. Morris missed time earlier this season and Tuesday saw defenseman Rostislav Klesla return from injured reserve. Schlemko has also been injured this season.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.