Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan misses Calgary Flames game due to injury
A familiar face was missing Tuesday night when the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Calgary Flames 4-2. Captain Shane Doan missed the game with a lower-body injury.
While Doan is no stranger to playing injured, he rarely misses a game. The last time he sat out a full game with an injury-related issue was November 2010.
"It's funny how it just doesn't feel right," head coach Dave Tippett said of Doan's absence after the win.
While it may not have felt right without Captain Coyote on the ice, the team's play didn't seem overly affected. Kyle Chipchura was able to fill his wing roll nicely and several players stepped up to lead the team to a win after blowing a 2-0 lead.
However, despite Chipchura putting together a good performance, the Coyotes will surely be looking forward to Doan's return to the ice.
"It was a little strange not having him talk my ear off before the game," said Phoenix Coyotes assistant captain Keith Yandle. "It wasn't something that you want to get used to and I missed him in [the locker room.]"
Tippett said that Doan's injury is not serious and he expects him back on the ice soon, but no timetable was given. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Doan has averaged 18:46 of ice time this season and has tallied three points.
Arizona Sports' Dave Dulberg contributed to this report.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.