Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan misses Calgary Flames game due to injury
A familiar face was missing Tuesday night when the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Calgary Flames 4-2. Captain Shane Doan missed the game with a lower-body injury.
While Doan is no stranger to playing injured, he rarely misses a game. The last time he sat out a full game with an injury-related issue was November 2010.
"It's funny how it just doesn't feel right," head coach Dave Tippett said of Doan's absence after the win.
While it may not have felt right without Captain Coyote on the ice, the team's play didn't seem overly affected. Kyle Chipchura was able to fill his wing roll nicely and several players stepped up to lead the team to a win after blowing a 2-0 lead.
However, despite Chipchura putting together a good performance, the Coyotes will surely be looking forward to Doan's return to the ice.
"It was a little strange not having him talk my ear off before the game," said Phoenix Coyotes assistant captain Keith Yandle. "It wasn't something that you want to get used to and I missed him in [the locker room.]"
Tippett said that Doan's injury is not serious and he expects him back on the ice soon, but no timetable was given. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
Doan has averaged 18:46 of ice time this season and has tallied three points.
Arizona Sports' Dave Dulberg contributed to this report.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.