Center Jeff Halpern makes season debut for Phoenix Coyotes
Center Jeff Halpern made his debut for his eight National Hockey League team on Tuesday in Phoenix when the Coyotes took on the Ottawa Senators.
Halpern skated on the fourth line and also saw time on the Coyotes' second penalty kill unit. Though he didn't post a point, Halpern's veteran play was clear and his decision making impressed the Coyotes.
"I thought Halpern was really good for us tonight," head coach Dave Tippett said after the game. "He was really strong on the faceoffs. It was his first game. That's kind of what I expected from him."
In total, Halpern saw 8:30 of ice time. He won eight of the nine faceoffs he was involved in. He also had one hit, one blocked shot and sent a first period shot wide of the net.
Halpern signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Coyotes on Saturday.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.