Phoenix Coyotes sign veteran Jeff Halpern to one-year deal
Phoenix took the final three games of their road swing with impressive wins over the Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes but when Dave Tippett's squad returns to town they'll do so with more than just a nice three-game win streak to show for themselves.
Veteran center Jeff Halpern has agreed to terms with the team on a one-year, two-way contract.
Halpern, 37, has scored 147 career goals in parts of 14 NHL seasons with the Dallas Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning and Washington Capitols.
In 2012-13, Halpern had three points in 46 games with the Canadiens and Rangers.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.