Couture leads Sharks to OT win over Coyotes
Couture's winner gave the Sharks their second victory of the preseason just 32 seconds after the Coyotes were called for having too many men on the ice.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson gave the Coyotes a 1-0 lead with 9:52 left in the first when he got a wrist shot past Harri Sateri. Just 52 seconds into the second, the Sharks capitalized on a four-minute double-minor penalty to Chris Brown and tied it up when Freddie Hamilton quickly scored on a power play.
Jason Demers gave San Jose a 2-1 lead when he scored on a power play with 8:23 remaining in the second as he was able to skip the puck past Mike Smith. Phoenix evened the score with 31 seconds left in the second when Andy Miele converted a power play.
Sateri is trying to win a spot on San Jose's roster as the backup to regular goalie Antti Niemi. He made 24 saves and Smith had 23.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!