Couture leads Sharks to OT win over Coyotes
Couture's winner gave the Sharks their second victory of the preseason just 32 seconds after the Coyotes were called for having too many men on the ice.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson gave the Coyotes a 1-0 lead with 9:52 left in the first when he got a wrist shot past Harri Sateri. Just 52 seconds into the second, the Sharks capitalized on a four-minute double-minor penalty to Chris Brown and tied it up when Freddie Hamilton quickly scored on a power play.
Jason Demers gave San Jose a 2-1 lead when he scored on a power play with 8:23 remaining in the second as he was able to skip the puck past Mike Smith. Phoenix evened the score with 31 seconds left in the second when Andy Miele converted a power play.
Sateri is trying to win a spot on San Jose's roster as the backup to regular goalie Antti Niemi. He made 24 saves and Smith had 23.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.