Couture leads Sharks to OT win over Coyotes
Couture's winner gave the Sharks their second victory of the preseason just 32 seconds after the Coyotes were called for having too many men on the ice.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson gave the Coyotes a 1-0 lead with 9:52 left in the first when he got a wrist shot past Harri Sateri. Just 52 seconds into the second, the Sharks capitalized on a four-minute double-minor penalty to Chris Brown and tied it up when Freddie Hamilton quickly scored on a power play.
Jason Demers gave San Jose a 2-1 lead when he scored on a power play with 8:23 remaining in the second as he was able to skip the puck past Mike Smith. Phoenix evened the score with 31 seconds left in the second when Andy Miele converted a power play.
Sateri is trying to win a spot on San Jose's roster as the backup to regular goalie Antti Niemi. He made 24 saves and Smith had 23.
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?