Report: Coyotes' Paul Bissonnette potentially facing 10-game suspension
While the Coyotes played rather well in front of the hometown fans, the game was not without incident.
Midway through the first period, Kings forward Jordan Nolan appeared to leave his feet before catching the head of Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla on an open-ice hit. The collision sent Klesla to the ice, and he'd eventually have to be taken off on a stretcher.
Nolan was given a two-minute minor for roughing along with Martin Hanzal following the play.
But unhappy with the hit, Phoenix's main enforcer, Paul Bissonnette, tried to take matters into his own hands.
When Nolan exited the penalty box, a scrum between the two teams broke out and Bissonnette -- trying to get in on the action -- left the Coyotes' bench in an effort to engage the forward. For his refusal to stay on the bench, the fourth-liner was eventually given a game misconduct when order was restored.
And it seems that might be the least of Bissonnette's problems.
The NHL is currently reviewing the video from Sunday night's game.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.