Report: Coyotes' Paul Bissonnette potentially facing 10-game suspension
While the Coyotes played rather well in front of the hometown fans, the game was not without incident.
Midway through the first period, Kings forward Jordan Nolan appeared to leave his feet before catching the head of Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla on an open-ice hit. The collision sent Klesla to the ice, and he'd eventually have to be taken off on a stretcher.
Nolan was given a two-minute minor for roughing along with Martin Hanzal following the play.
But unhappy with the hit, Phoenix's main enforcer, Paul Bissonnette, tried to take matters into his own hands.
When Nolan exited the penalty box, a scrum between the two teams broke out and Bissonnette -- trying to get in on the action -- left the Coyotes' bench in an effort to engage the forward. For his refusal to stay on the bench, the fourth-liner was eventually given a game misconduct when order was restored.
And it seems that might be the least of Bissonnette's problems.
The NHL is currently reviewing the video from Sunday night's game.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.