Coyotes begin 2013-14 with two preseason split-squad wins
In their two-goal win at home, the Coyotes received solid goaltending through two periods from Mike Smith (saved 15 of his last 16 shots after allowing a goal 51 seconds into the contest) and offensive production from the usual suspects (Shane Doan, Keith Yandle and Radim Vrbata combined for six points).
In his NHL debut, first-round pick Max Domi also held his own, recording one assist in just under 18 minutes of ice time.
Out in Los Angeles, the story of the night was the play of goaltender Tomas Greiss. Greiss, who signed a one-year deal with the team in July to backup Smith, stopped all 15 shots he faced in the four-goal victory.
Offensively, Rob Klinkhammer, Brandon Yip and Gilbert Brule each had a goal, and defenseman David Rundblad also contributed with a game-high three assists.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.