Coyotes begin 2013-14 with two preseason split-squad wins
In their two-goal win at home, the Coyotes received solid goaltending through two periods from Mike Smith (saved 15 of his last 16 shots after allowing a goal 51 seconds into the contest) and offensive production from the usual suspects (Shane Doan, Keith Yandle and Radim Vrbata combined for six points).
In his NHL debut, first-round pick Max Domi also held his own, recording one assist in just under 18 minutes of ice time.
Out in Los Angeles, the story of the night was the play of goaltender Tomas Greiss. Greiss, who signed a one-year deal with the team in July to backup Smith, stopped all 15 shots he faced in the four-goal victory.
Offensively, Rob Klinkhammer, Brandon Yip and Gilbert Brule each had a goal, and defenseman David Rundblad also contributed with a game-high three assists.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.