Updated Sep 12, 2013 - 8:04 pm
Bickley Blast: With Coyotes on solid ground, will you support them?
For the first time in four years, the Cardinals have a QB.
For the first time in four years, the Coyotes have peace of mind.
And so does every sports fan that understands the important of remaining a Major League sports town.
When the Coyotes were under threat of relocation, only a few understood the importance of the status quo. Or the status that comes with having all four major professional sports franchises.
Have you seen how easily the national media and talk show hosts make fun of Arizona politicians and social policies?
If we had lost our NHL team, our sporting landscape and our sporting identity would be folded into that sorry mix.
We would be stamped as the sports town that wasn't big enough for four major franchises, the sports town that got demoted to the minor leagues.
Imagine how Canada would've crowed.
Nobody wants that.
So, now that it's hockey season, with the veterans reporting for camp on Thursday, will you look at this team in a new light?
Now that the Coyotes have new ownership, will you open your hearts to hockey?
After all, it's a new era. And a second chance to embrace a franchise that was on the brink away from the rink.
The above was transcribed from "The Bickley Blast", heard on The Dan Bickley Show, weekdays from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. on Arizona Sports 620.
- The Pulse: Coyotes fans excited about potential outdoor game
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?