Updated Sep 12, 2013 - 8:04 pm
Bickley Blast: With Coyotes on solid ground, will you support them?
For the first time in four years, the Cardinals have a QB.
For the first time in four years, the Coyotes have peace of mind.
And so does every sports fan that understands the important of remaining a Major League sports town.
When the Coyotes were under threat of relocation, only a few understood the importance of the status quo. Or the status that comes with having all four major professional sports franchises.
Have you seen how easily the national media and talk show hosts make fun of Arizona politicians and social policies?
If we had lost our NHL team, our sporting landscape and our sporting identity would be folded into that sorry mix.
We would be stamped as the sports town that wasn't big enough for four major franchises, the sports town that got demoted to the minor leagues.
Imagine how Canada would've crowed.
Nobody wants that.
So, now that it's hockey season, with the veterans reporting for camp on Thursday, will you look at this team in a new light?
Now that the Coyotes have new ownership, will you open your hearts to hockey?
After all, it's a new era. And a second chance to embrace a franchise that was on the brink away from the rink.
The above was transcribed from "The Bickley Blast", heard on The Dan Bickley Show, weekdays from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. on Arizona Sports 620.
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Coyotes poised to hit the reset button after losing identity
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.