Updated Sep 12, 2013 - 8:04 pm
Bickley Blast: With Coyotes on solid ground, will you support them?
For the first time in four years, the Cardinals have a QB.
For the first time in four years, the Coyotes have peace of mind.
And so does every sports fan that understands the important of remaining a Major League sports town.
When the Coyotes were under threat of relocation, only a few understood the importance of the status quo. Or the status that comes with having all four major professional sports franchises.
Have you seen how easily the national media and talk show hosts make fun of Arizona politicians and social policies?
If we had lost our NHL team, our sporting landscape and our sporting identity would be folded into that sorry mix.
We would be stamped as the sports town that wasn't big enough for four major franchises, the sports town that got demoted to the minor leagues.
Imagine how Canada would've crowed.
Nobody wants that.
So, now that it's hockey season, with the veterans reporting for camp on Thursday, will you look at this team in a new light?
Now that the Coyotes have new ownership, will you open your hearts to hockey?
After all, it's a new era. And a second chance to embrace a franchise that was on the brink away from the rink.
The above was transcribed from "The Bickley Blast", heard on The Dan Bickley Show, weekdays from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. on Arizona Sports 620.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.