Report: Phoenix Coyotes, Radim Vrbata discussing extension
The 32-year-old Vrbata, who is entering the final season of a three-year deal, had 12 goals and 16 assists in 34 games for the Coyotes last season -- good for second on the team.
During the Coyotes' 2011-12 Pacific Division championship campaign, Vrbata led the team with 35 goals (tied for 11th in the league) and added 27 assists. He is also the franchise's all-time leader in plus/minus at +47 for his career, which has spanned 348 games.
The Coyotes have already re-signed LW Mikkel Boedker, defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson, goalie Mike Smith and forward Lauri Korpikoski to new deals this offseason.
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?