Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 9:18 pm
Report: RSE may not finalize Coyotes deal
On Wednesday, Phoenix Business Journal reported that some financing of the deal has not been finalized as the ownership group looks to officially buy the team out of bankruptcy from the NHL.
It was not clear how serious these issues were to the deal, but one of the partners in the group, Daryl Jones, immediately denied the legitimacy of the report via Twitter on Wednesday.
RSE and the NHL have until August 5 to finalize the purchase to keep the team in Glendale for at least the next five seasons.
Fox Sports Arizona writer Craig Morgan also chimed in on the report, tweeting that it would, indeed, close before the Monday deadline.
Restating tweets from earlier this week: The #Coyotes sale is on track for closing by Monday deadline; NHL BOG will approve deal this week.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) July 31, 2013
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.