Updated Jul 31, 2013 - 9:18 pm
Report: RSE may not finalize Coyotes deal
On Wednesday, Phoenix Business Journal reported that some financing of the deal has not been finalized as the ownership group looks to officially buy the team out of bankruptcy from the NHL.
It was not clear how serious these issues were to the deal, but one of the partners in the group, Daryl Jones, immediately denied the legitimacy of the report via Twitter on Wednesday.
RSE and the NHL have until August 5 to finalize the purchase to keep the team in Glendale for at least the next five seasons.
Fox Sports Arizona writer Craig Morgan also chimed in on the report, tweeting that it would, indeed, close before the Monday deadline.
Restating tweets from earlier this week: The #Coyotes sale is on track for closing by Monday deadline; NHL BOG will approve deal this week.— Craig Morgan (@cmorganfoxaz) July 31, 2013
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.