Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 4:17 pm
Phoenix Coyotes re-sign F Andy Miele
The 2011 Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner from the University of Miami, Ohio has played in eight regular season games for the Coyotes over the past two seasons.
Last season, while playing with the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League, Miele tallied 19 goals and 34 assists in 70 games. In 2011-12, he had 16 goals and 38 assists in 69 contests.
"We are pleased to sign Andy to a one-year contract," said Coyotes general manager Don Maloney in a press release. "For the past two seasons, Andy has led the Pirates in scoring and been a very effective player for us. We look forward to him continuing his development this season."
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?