Coyotes move a step closer toward having an owner
GLENDALE, Ariz -- The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
Daryl Jones, partner with Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, tweeted on Monday that the lease agreement with the City of Glendale has been executed.
The Glendale City Council approved a 15-year, $225 million arena lease deal with RSE during a special session last week.
RSE still has to complete its purchase of the team and get approval from the NHL's Board of Governors, but those are expected to be formalities.
The Coyotes have been run by the league the past four years after former owner Jerry Moyes took the team into bankruptcy in 2009.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.