Coyotes move a step closer toward having an owner
GLENDALE, Ariz -- The prospective owners of the Phoenix Coyotes have signed their lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
Daryl Jones, partner with Renaissance Sports & Entertainment, tweeted on Monday that the lease agreement with the City of Glendale has been executed.
The Glendale City Council approved a 15-year, $225 million arena lease deal with RSE during a special session last week.
RSE still has to complete its purchase of the team and get approval from the NHL's Board of Governors, but those are expected to be formalities.
The Coyotes have been run by the league the past four years after former owner Jerry Moyes took the team into bankruptcy in 2009.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!