F Chris Conner signs with Pittsburgh Penguins
Former Phoenix Coyotes and Portland Pirates forward Chris Conner has agreed to terms with the Pittsburgh Penguins on a one-year contract.
This will be Conner's second stint with the Penguins. The 29-year-old played in Pittsburgh during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns. Conner set career-best marks with the Pens in '10-'11 when he scored seven goals with nine assists and 16 points.
Conner split last season between Phoenix and Portland. He had two points (one goal and an assist) for the Coyotes in 12 regular season games. In Portland, he tallied 13 goals, 27 assists and 40 points.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.