F Chris Conner signs with Pittsburgh Penguins
Former Phoenix Coyotes and Portland Pirates forward Chris Conner has agreed to terms with the Pittsburgh Penguins on a one-year contract.
This will be Conner's second stint with the Penguins. The 29-year-old played in Pittsburgh during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 campaigns. Conner set career-best marks with the Pens in '10-'11 when he scored seven goals with nine assists and 16 points.
Conner split last season between Phoenix and Portland. He had two points (one goal and an assist) for the Coyotes in 12 regular season games. In Portland, he tallied 13 goals, 27 assists and 40 points.
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?