Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Chris Summers
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes said Thursday they had re-signed defenseman Chris Summers to a one-year deal.
"We are pleased to sign Chris to a one-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a press release. "Chris is an excellent skater and continues to improve each season. He adds depth to our blueline corps and we look forward to having him back in our lineup this season."
Summers has appeared in a total of 29 games with the Coyotes. In those games, he is 0-3-3 with 24 penalty minutes.
"I'm very excited to continue my career with the Phoenix Coyotes," said Summers in the release. "Today is a very exciting day for me and my family. I am looking forward to a great season."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.