Phoenix Coyotes re-sign defenseman Chris Summers
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Coyotes said Thursday they had re-signed defenseman Chris Summers to a one-year deal.
"We are pleased to sign Chris to a one-year contract," said Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney in a press release. "Chris is an excellent skater and continues to improve each season. He adds depth to our blueline corps and we look forward to having him back in our lineup this season."
Summers has appeared in a total of 29 games with the Coyotes. In those games, he is 0-3-3 with 24 penalty minutes.
"I'm very excited to continue my career with the Phoenix Coyotes," said Summers in the release. "Today is a very exciting day for me and my family. I am looking forward to a great season."
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.