Updated Jun 30, 2013 - 8:49 am
Report: Phoenix Coyotes close to signing goalie Mike Smith to new six-year deal
According to TSN Insider Darren Dreger, the Coyotes are close to signing goalie Mike Smith to a new six-year contract extension worth up to 5.7 million a year.
Smith, who signed a two-year deal with Phoenix in July 2011, went 38-18-10 with a 2.23 goals against average in 2011-12 and helped lead the franchise to its first ever appearance in the Western Conference Finals.
Although injuries and inconsistent play (15-12-5 with 2.58 GAA) highlighted his time between the pipes during the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, Smith still tied for the league-lead with five shutouts.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.