Updated May 10, 2013 - 1:02 pm
Report: Pastor group bid for Coyotes submitted, worth more than previous offers
According to FoxSportsArizona.com's Craig Morgan, the group headed by Darin Pastor has delivered its bid to purchase the team to the NHL.
Morgan writes that the bid is believed to be worth more than any other to purchase the team, and would include less of an annual commitment from the City of Glendale to manage Jobing.com Arena.
The group also wants an option to purchase the arena, as well as an out-clause after five years.
Pastor was in Scottsdale on Friday meeting with representatives of Kutak Rock LLP, the firm his group just retained that specializes in the municipal bond market and is expected to play a major role in brokering a deal with Glendale.
Pastor could not be reached for comment, but it is believed that the group would like to have a deal closed as soon as possible - probably in no more than a month's time - in order to manage myriad other issues, including the expiring contracts of general manager Don Maloney, coach Dave Tippett and goalie Mike Smith.
There's no doubt everyone -- from fans, the NHL, the Coyotes and their players -- would like to see this situation settled as soon as possible. But if the last four years have taught us anything, it's that the Coyotes won't have an owner until they actually have an owner.
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.