Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:38 pm
Coyotes deal Matthew Lombardi to Anaheim
Lombardi, 31, tallied eight points in 21 games this season, while McMillan, 23, has scored one point in six games.
Lombardi rejoined the Coyotes this season after two years away from the team, though injuries derailed his second stint with the team. The owner of 101 goals and 161 assists in his career, he was set to become a free agent at the conclusion of this season.
So, rather than keep him and risk getting zero return if he left as a free agent, the team decided it best to ship him out for McMillan, who has shown flashes but has yet to put it all together in the NHL.
Formerly a third-round pick of the Ducks in 2008, he's appeared in 91 NHL games, notching 11 goals and 15 assists.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.