Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Report: Coyotes trade Raffi Torres to San Jose Sharks
Torres to San Jose for a third-round pick in 2013— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) April 3, 2013
Torres, 31, has scored five goals and tallied seven assists in 28 games this season.
A veteran of 11 NHL seasons, Torres is known for the 21-game suspension he received after leveling Chicago's Marian Hossa during the first round of last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. Torres has a reputation for being a bit of an agitator, but also brings some offensive skill to the ice.
Torres, who originally signed with the Coyotes before the 2011-12 season, scored 38 points for the team and accumulated 96 PIMs.
The Coyotes are currently 15-15-6, and with 36 points sit on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.