'Yotes Notes: Yandle, Coyotes knock off LA Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 3-1 win over the Kings on April 2.
The Coyotes opened the scoring for the third consecutive game.
Matthew Lombardi earned his keep with his goal. He received a beauty of a pass from Rob Klinkhammer and slipped it past Jonathan Quick. It hit both posts on the way in.
Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle scored two goals on the night.
Coyotes goaltender Jason LaBarbera made 39 saves. He only gave up one goal and it was a deflection.
Let's just call the Kings' first goal ugly and leave it at that. Justin Williams threw it at the net from the corner, it took a bad bounce off of a Coyote and the game was tied.
Klinkhammer tallied an assist against LA. He is currently riding a career-high five-game point streak. He is also tied with Radim Vrbata for the Coyotes' longest point streak of the season.
Yandle scored his 50th career goal in the first period to give the Coyotes a 1-0 lead.
The Coyotes played their fifth and final game of the regular season against the Kings on Tuesday. Overall, LA won the series 3-2.
Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett notched his 150th win with the franchise.
The Coyotes will play the second game of a three-game homestand on Thursday. They take on the Detroit Red Wings at 7 p.m.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.