'Yotes Notes: Yandle, Coyotes knock off LA Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 3-1 win over the Kings on April 2.
The Coyotes opened the scoring for the third consecutive game.
Matthew Lombardi earned his keep with his goal. He received a beauty of a pass from Rob Klinkhammer and slipped it past Jonathan Quick. It hit both posts on the way in.
Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle scored two goals on the night.
Coyotes goaltender Jason LaBarbera made 39 saves. He only gave up one goal and it was a deflection.
Let's just call the Kings' first goal ugly and leave it at that. Justin Williams threw it at the net from the corner, it took a bad bounce off of a Coyote and the game was tied.
Klinkhammer tallied an assist against LA. He is currently riding a career-high five-game point streak. He is also tied with Radim Vrbata for the Coyotes' longest point streak of the season.
Yandle scored his 50th career goal in the first period to give the Coyotes a 1-0 lead.
The Coyotes played their fifth and final game of the regular season against the Kings on Tuesday. Overall, LA won the series 3-2.
Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett notched his 150th win with the franchise.
The Coyotes will play the second game of a three-game homestand on Thursday. They take on the Detroit Red Wings at 7 p.m.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.