'Yotes Notes: Coyotes snap seven-game losing streak with win over Predators
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 7-4 win over the Predators on March 28.
The Phoenix Coyotes snapped their seven-game losing streak with a convincing win over the Predators. The Coyotes tied a franchise record with six goals in the first period.
Radim Vrbata notched two goals and an assist for the 'Yotes, while Rostislav Klesla showed off his play-making ability with a career-high four assists on the night.
12 members of the Coyotes tallied a point in the win.
Coyotes' goaltender Jason LaBarbera got the victory, ending a three-game losing streak of his own.
The Coyotes were outshot 38-29 in this high-scoring affair.
The Coyotes seven goals were just one shy of the total number they had scored during their losing streak.
Predators netminder Pekka Rinne surrendered three goals on the first three shots he faced. He was later pulled and replaced by back-up Chris Mason. Mason didn't fare much better, giving up three goals in a short stint. Rinne returned to net for the Preds at the start of the second period of play.
Matthew Lombardi tallied his 100th career NHL goal on his third of the season, while Vrbata passed the 400-point milestone in the win.
Left wing Steve Sullivan played in the 1,000 game of his career.
The six goals allowed by Nashville in the first period ties a franchise record. The nine total goals in the first set a Predators franchise mark.
The Coyotes will head to San Jose to take on the Sharks on Saturday, March 30. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Coyotes 5-2
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes sign forward Gilbert Brule to 1-year deal
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.