'Yotes Notes: Coyotes snap seven-game losing streak with win over Predators
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 7-4 win over the Predators on March 28.
The Phoenix Coyotes snapped their seven-game losing streak with a convincing win over the Predators. The Coyotes tied a franchise record with six goals in the first period.
Radim Vrbata notched two goals and an assist for the 'Yotes, while Rostislav Klesla showed off his play-making ability with a career-high four assists on the night.
12 members of the Coyotes tallied a point in the win.
Coyotes' goaltender Jason LaBarbera got the victory, ending a three-game losing streak of his own.
The Coyotes were outshot 38-29 in this high-scoring affair.
The Coyotes seven goals were just one shy of the total number they had scored during their losing streak.
Predators netminder Pekka Rinne surrendered three goals on the first three shots he faced. He was later pulled and replaced by back-up Chris Mason. Mason didn't fare much better, giving up three goals in a short stint. Rinne returned to net for the Preds at the start of the second period of play.
Matthew Lombardi tallied his 100th career NHL goal on his third of the season, while Vrbata passed the 400-point milestone in the win.
Left wing Steve Sullivan played in the 1,000 game of his career.
The six goals allowed by Nashville in the first period ties a franchise record. The nine total goals in the first set a Predators franchise mark.
The Coyotes will head to San Jose to take on the Sharks on Saturday, March 30. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.