'Yotes Notes: Coyotes snap seven-game losing streak with win over Predators
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 7-4 win over the Predators on March 28.
The Phoenix Coyotes snapped their seven-game losing streak with a convincing win over the Predators. The Coyotes tied a franchise record with six goals in the first period.
Radim Vrbata notched two goals and an assist for the 'Yotes, while Rostislav Klesla showed off his play-making ability with a career-high four assists on the night.
12 members of the Coyotes tallied a point in the win.
Coyotes' goaltender Jason LaBarbera got the victory, ending a three-game losing streak of his own.
The Coyotes were outshot 38-29 in this high-scoring affair.
The Coyotes seven goals were just one shy of the total number they had scored during their losing streak.
Predators netminder Pekka Rinne surrendered three goals on the first three shots he faced. He was later pulled and replaced by back-up Chris Mason. Mason didn't fare much better, giving up three goals in a short stint. Rinne returned to net for the Preds at the start of the second period of play.
Matthew Lombardi tallied his 100th career NHL goal on his third of the season, while Vrbata passed the 400-point milestone in the win.
Left wing Steve Sullivan played in the 1,000 game of his career.
The six goals allowed by Nashville in the first period ties a franchise record. The nine total goals in the first set a Predators franchise mark.
The Coyotes will head to San Jose to take on the Sharks on Saturday, March 30. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!