Updated Mar 20, 2013 - 11:36 am
L.A. Kings credit 'Some Guy' with two Coyotes goals
That is, of course, if a rivalry does not include the teams winning an even number of games.
At any rate, the latest dust up between the squads occurred Tuesday night in L.A., with the Kings winning a heated contest by a score of 3-2.
During the course of the game Coyotes captain Shane Doan hit the ice after a collision with Kings rookie defenseman Jake Muzzin. Doan got up and wanted a piece of Muzzin (or possibly the whole thing, we can't be sure).
Anyway, Doan would go on to score a pair of goals -- the only goals scored by the team -- and though the 'Yotes lost, many in Phoenix had nothing but good things to say about the veteran.
But Los Angeles is not in Phoenix, and the Kings do not exactly have much fondness for Doan. What they do have is a funny social media policy, and following a game they posted this recap of the game.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.