L.A. Kings credit 'Some Guy' with two Coyotes goals
That is, of course, if a rivalry does not include the teams winning an even number of games.
At any rate, the latest dust up between the squads occurred Tuesday night in L.A., with the Kings winning a heated contest by a score of 3-2.
During the course of the game Coyotes captain Shane Doan hit the ice after a collision with Kings rookie defenseman Jake Muzzin. Doan got up and wanted a piece of Muzzin (or possibly the whole thing, we can't be sure).
Anyway, Doan would go on to score a pair of goals -- the only goals scored by the team -- and though the 'Yotes lost, many in Phoenix had nothing but good things to say about the veteran.
But Los Angeles is not in Phoenix, and the Kings do not exactly have much fondness for Doan. What they do have is a funny social media policy, and following a game they posted this recap of the game.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i