'Yotes Notes: Coyotes shut out by Blues on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 3-0 loss to the Blues on March 14.
The Coyotes penalty kill looked sharp in the first period when the game was scoreless. The Blues had a two man advantage, and the 'Yotes didn't surrender a goal.
The Blues seem to have the Coyotes number. St. Louis has now won five of six against Phoenix.
Blues goalie Jake Allen made 29 saves to record his first career NHL shutout against the Coyotes on Thursday night.
The Coyotes also had no answer for Chris Stewart, who tallied two goals and an assist for the Blues.
The Coyotes committed two careless penalties in the first period that led to the aforementioned Blues' two man advantage. Mikkel Boedker was called for delay of game and the team was penalized for too many men on the ice.
The Coyotes saw their two-game winning streak come to an end.
This was the third time this season the Coyotes have been shut out.
The Blues outshot the Coyotes 16-8 after a scoreless first period of play. St. Louis finished with 30 shots to Phoenix's 28.
The Coyotes will head to Columbus to take on the Blue Jackets on Saturday, March 16. The game is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.