'Yotes Notes: Coyotes shut out by Blues on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 3-0 loss to the Blues on March 14.
The Coyotes penalty kill looked sharp in the first period when the game was scoreless. The Blues had a two man advantage, and the 'Yotes didn't surrender a goal.
The Blues seem to have the Coyotes number. St. Louis has now won five of six against Phoenix.
Blues goalie Jake Allen made 29 saves to record his first career NHL shutout against the Coyotes on Thursday night.
The Coyotes also had no answer for Chris Stewart, who tallied two goals and an assist for the Blues.
The Coyotes committed two careless penalties in the first period that led to the aforementioned Blues' two man advantage. Mikkel Boedker was called for delay of game and the team was penalized for too many men on the ice.
The Coyotes saw their two-game winning streak come to an end.
This was the third time this season the Coyotes have been shut out.
The Blues outshot the Coyotes 16-8 after a scoreless first period of play. St. Louis finished with 30 shots to Phoenix's 28.
The Coyotes will head to Columbus to take on the Blue Jackets on Saturday, March 16. The game is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.