'Yotes Notes: Coyotes shut out by Blues on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 3-0 loss to the Blues on March 14.
The Coyotes penalty kill looked sharp in the first period when the game was scoreless. The Blues had a two man advantage, and the 'Yotes didn't surrender a goal.
The Blues seem to have the Coyotes number. St. Louis has now won five of six against Phoenix.
Blues goalie Jake Allen made 29 saves to record his first career NHL shutout against the Coyotes on Thursday night.
The Coyotes also had no answer for Chris Stewart, who tallied two goals and an assist for the Blues.
The Coyotes committed two careless penalties in the first period that led to the aforementioned Blues' two man advantage. Mikkel Boedker was called for delay of game and the team was penalized for too many men on the ice.
The Coyotes saw their two-game winning streak come to an end.
This was the third time this season the Coyotes have been shut out.
The Blues outshot the Coyotes 16-8 after a scoreless first period of play. St. Louis finished with 30 shots to Phoenix's 28.
The Coyotes will head to Columbus to take on the Blue Jackets on Saturday, March 16. The game is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.