Let's talk names for new NHL divisions
In case you haven't heard, the National Hockey League Board of Directors approved on Thursday a realignment of the league's 30 teams.
Under the new plan, the Phoenix Coyotes would be in a division with the Anaheim Ducks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks. They would also play both an away and a home game against every other team in the league.
While the NHL is busy handling complaints that Eastern Conference teams will have a tougher time making the playoffs than their western compatriots, they haven't named the new divisions. So far, all we have are A, B, C and D. Original.
Here are some serious (and not so serious) ideas for the new divisions.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!