NHL.com: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson among early Norris finalists
The Phoenix Coyotes may soon be able to boast a Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in their lineup.
According to NHL.com, Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is currently among the favorites to be a finalist for the annual award given to the best D-man in the league.
Ekman-Larsson has been on the ice for 26 Coyotes goals at even strength, which was the most of any player in the NHL at the end of the games Friday.
The 21-year-old Swede has posted three goals and 14 assists in 25 games this season for the 'Yotes. He leads the team in total points (17), plus-minus (+7) and time on ice per game (25:13).
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i