NHL.com: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson among early Norris finalists
The Phoenix Coyotes may soon be able to boast a Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in their lineup.
According to NHL.com, Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is currently among the favorites to be a finalist for the annual award given to the best D-man in the league.
Ekman-Larsson has been on the ice for 26 Coyotes goals at even strength, which was the most of any player in the NHL at the end of the games Friday.
The 21-year-old Swede has posted three goals and 14 assists in 25 games this season for the 'Yotes. He leads the team in total points (17), plus-minus (+7) and time on ice per game (25:13).
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.