NHL.com: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson among early Norris finalists
The Phoenix Coyotes may soon be able to boast a Norris Trophy-winning defenseman in their lineup.
According to NHL.com, Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is currently among the favorites to be a finalist for the annual award given to the best D-man in the league.
Ekman-Larsson has been on the ice for 26 Coyotes goals at even strength, which was the most of any player in the NHL at the end of the games Friday.
The 21-year-old Swede has posted three goals and 14 assists in 25 games this season for the 'Yotes. He leads the team in total points (17), plus-minus (+7) and time on ice per game (25:13).
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?