Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:14 pm
ESPN NHL analyst: Coyotes will go as far as Mike Smith takes them
Those are the words of ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose when asked about the Phoenix Coyotes, and the guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo said the possibility is there for the team to replicate the success it had last postseason again this time around.
Assuming, of course, the Coyotes make it back to the playoffs.
Currently the seventh seed in the Western Conference, the Coyotes find themselves in a group of 10 teams all within five points of each other. Every day seems to bring a significant change in playoff positioning, regardless of whether or not the Coyotes actually play.
But regardless of the team's tenuous position, Melrose sees the same traits in this year's club that made last year's so effective.
"I think it's a good team, it's a solid team, it's good defensively," he said. "A typical Dave Tippett team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.