Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:14 pm
ESPN NHL analyst: Coyotes will go as far as Mike Smith takes them
Those are the words of ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose when asked about the Phoenix Coyotes, and the guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo said the possibility is there for the team to replicate the success it had last postseason again this time around.
Assuming, of course, the Coyotes make it back to the playoffs.
Currently the seventh seed in the Western Conference, the Coyotes find themselves in a group of 10 teams all within five points of each other. Every day seems to bring a significant change in playoff positioning, regardless of whether or not the Coyotes actually play.
But regardless of the team's tenuous position, Melrose sees the same traits in this year's club that made last year's so effective.
"I think it's a good team, it's a solid team, it's good defensively," he said. "A typical Dave Tippett team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!