Updated Mar 5, 2013 - 6:24 pm
Shane Doan does not lament obstacles thrown at Phoenix Coyotes
From dealing with a never-ending ownership situation (that is currently not good, by the way) to the short end of the stick with scheduling at times, it seems like the team is constantly facing an uphill battle.
And then, it seems, they have to deal with shoddy officiating at times, too.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Coyotes captain Shane Doan said the team deals with it all because it really has no other choice.
"It goes back to looking ahead, kind of the attitude that (head coach Dave Tippett) has installed in us," Doan said. "And that we, as a group of players, take a little bit of pride in."
That's not to say the Coyotes wouldn't mind catching a few breaks at some point, but until that happens Doan says it's imperative the team does not ever get in a mentality that has them waiting for bad things to happen.
"It's like 'ahh I can't believe it's happening to us again' and then it happens again," he said.
Doan said Tippett reminds them to just keep looking ahead, saying their job is to win hockey games no matter what.
"It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy almost where if you believe that you're going to get the short end and then you believe it's going to cost you a game, it ends up costing you the game," he said. "But if you believe you can do it then it becomes a challenge and you can answer."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.