Shane Doan does not lament obstacles thrown at Phoenix Coyotes
From dealing with a never-ending ownership situation (that is currently not good, by the way) to the short end of the stick with scheduling at times, it seems like the team is constantly facing an uphill battle.
And then, it seems, they have to deal with shoddy officiating at times, too.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Coyotes captain Shane Doan said the team deals with it all because it really has no other choice.
"It goes back to looking ahead, kind of the attitude that (head coach Dave Tippett) has installed in us," Doan said. "And that we, as a group of players, take a little bit of pride in."
That's not to say the Coyotes wouldn't mind catching a few breaks at some point, but until that happens Doan says it's imperative the team does not ever get in a mentality that has them waiting for bad things to happen.
"It's like 'ahh I can't believe it's happening to us again' and then it happens again," he said.
Doan said Tippett reminds them to just keep looking ahead, saying their job is to win hockey games no matter what.
"It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy almost where if you believe that you're going to get the short end and then you believe it's going to cost you a game, it ends up costing you the game," he said. "But if you believe you can do it then it becomes a challenge and you can answer."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes' GM - Wednesday May 29The GM discusses his contract extension and the futures of head coach Dave Tippett and goaltender Mi
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.