Updated Feb 20, 2013 - 1:35 pm
Dave Tippett calls break a double-edged sword
After their shutout victory over the Calgary Flames on Monday, the Coyotes have won six of their last nine.
"We had a couple good wins at home here before we head back on the road," coach Dave Tippett told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "Hopefully (we can) go on the road and continue winning."
Tippett's team will enjoy the longest break they'll have all season before playing the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday afternoon to start a three-game road trip.
The coach called this break a gift and a curse for the Coyotes, as it's nice to have rest in a tightened 48-game season but can hurt them in the points standings.
"This week is going to be torture watching other teams play, so we better take care of ourselves," Tippett said.
Tippett said the Coyotes will utilize the time off recharging their batteries and working on the small things on both sides of the ice.
"We're going to a lot of defensive work," Tippett said. "[Thursday] will be more of a skill day and get some guys treated."
Phoenix travels to Edmonton for a 1:30 p.m. game on Saturday.
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?