Updated Jan 31, 2013 - 10:44 am
Forbes: Expect Coyotes to move to Seattle
One such place, according to Forbes writer Mike Ozanian, is Seattle.
In a piece written Thursday, Ozanian speculates that Seattle -- which appears set to take the NBA's Sacramento Kings -- would be a great fit for Phoenix's hockey team.
Look for the team to move to Seattle if the sale of the Sacramento Kings to hedge fund manager Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is finalized. The NBA team's prospective new owners want to move the Kings to Seattle where they plan on opening a new arena in two years. Two teams in one building is better economics.
Two teams in one building might be better economics, unless the arena is built for basketball and leaves a couple sections of fans unable to see one of the goals.
At any rate, the point is the Coyotes have been in limbo for the better part of the last few years, and an end to their ownership saga may be in sight.
Unfortunately, it may not be the one Valley fans were hoping for.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.