Updated Jan 30, 2013 - 10:39 pm
Oilers knock off Coyotes in overtime
The Oilers appeared to be on their way to helping Devan Dubnyk to his fifth career shutout, but put their goalie in a bind when Sam Gagner was called for a penalty and the Coyotes pulled goalie Chad Johnson.
Nick Johnson took advantage, whipping a shot past Dubnyk's glove side with 19 seconds left in regulation after teammate Radim Vrbata failed on a backhander.
Yakupov ended it in overtime, punching in a rebound after a shot by Ales Hemsky caromed off teammate Taylor Hall.
Dubnyk stopped 27 shots.
- The Pulse: Coyotes fans excited about potential outdoor game
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?