'Yotes Notes: Phoenix Coyotes fall to defending Stanley Cup champions
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-2 loss to the Kings on January 26.
Despite the 4-2 loss, Mikkel Boedker continues to find his groove. He scored his first goal of the season on the power play at 3:57 of the second period. With the goal he now has a four-game point streak to start this season.
The Coyotes start the season with a 1-4-0 record. They've allowed 20 goals so far this season. They also gave the LA Kings their first win of the season. They were 0-2-1 coming into Saturday Night.
• Including Saturday, Radim Vrbata has recorded a point in 48 of 82 games since the start of the 2011-2012 season. Vrbata led the team with five goals and seven points against the Kings last year.
He Said It:
"It's frustrating the way things are going for us right now. It's a matter of execution," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said. "Simple plays that gotta get made. I like to think we don't beat ourselves much. Usually you earn the right to win."
The Coyotes are back in action on Monday when they host the Nashville Predators at Jobing.com Arena in a 7 o'clock start.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.