'Yotes Notes: Phoenix Coyotes fall to defending Stanley Cup champions
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a hockey game. So, we will give you 'Yotes Notes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Coyotes' 4-2 loss to the Kings on January 26.
Despite the 4-2 loss, Mikkel Boedker continues to find his groove. He scored his first goal of the season on the power play at 3:57 of the second period. With the goal he now has a four-game point streak to start this season.
The Coyotes start the season with a 1-4-0 record. They've allowed 20 goals so far this season. They also gave the LA Kings their first win of the season. They were 0-2-1 coming into Saturday Night.
• Including Saturday, Radim Vrbata has recorded a point in 48 of 82 games since the start of the 2011-2012 season. Vrbata led the team with five goals and seven points against the Kings last year.
He Said It:
"It's frustrating the way things are going for us right now. It's a matter of execution," Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett said. "Simple plays that gotta get made. I like to think we don't beat ourselves much. Usually you earn the right to win."
The Coyotes are back in action on Monday when they host the Nashville Predators at Jobing.com Arena in a 7 o'clock start.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 620
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Coyotes 5-2
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes sign forward Gilbert Brule to 1-year deal
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.