Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 6:58 pm
Coyotes acquire Matthew Lombardi from Maple Leafs
The Phoenix Coyotes are bringing a familiar face back to the desert.
The Coyotes announced they have re-acquired forward Matthew Lombardi from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a conditional draft pick.
According to TSN's Darren Dreger, the Leafs will get a conditional pick and will eat some salary.
Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi.A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 17, 2013
Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 17, 2013
Coyotes' general manager Don Maloney said in a press release he is excited to bring Lombardi back into the fold.
"We are very pleased to bring a player like Matthew back to our team," said Maloney. "Matthew is a very strong skater who will add quickness and skill to our lineup. He is an intelligent center who will be a great addition to our team and provides us with added depth at the center position."
Lombardi last played for Phoenix in 2008-2010.
The 30-year-old scored eight goals and had 10 assists and 18 points in 62 games with Toronto last season. In 508 career games, he has 97 goals, 157 assists and 254 points with four NHL teams.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.