Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Doan: We owe the fans an apology
Coyotes captain Shane Doan, who signed a new four-year contract to stay in Phoenix the day before the lockout started, says he feels for the fans who were denied their favorite sport.
"I think just a humble apology for everything and that we're going to do everything we can to earn back their appreciation of the sport," Doan said when asked about what he'd say to fans.
"There's no use in saying whose fault it is or who did what, we all owe them an apology."
In all, the labor stoppage shaved 34 games off of each team's schedule, meaning the 2013 campaign will be a sprint as opposed to the normal marathon, which creates several challenges according to Doan.
"Getting on the same page, getting everyone back skating again and getting your legs caught up to what a game is like," Doan said. "That's going to be interesting and fun, but we're fortunate we've got a great coaching staff and a good group of guys that understand what makes us successful."
No dates for the amended NHL schedule have been released so far.
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- 2013-14 playoff berth for Coyotes ‘incredibly important' to franchise turnaround
- 'Yotes Notes: Rough 3rd period buries Phoenix Coyotes in Montreal
- Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan opens up about illness, timetable for return unknown
- 'Yotes Notes: Loose puck battle proves to be the difference, as Phoenix falls to Carolina
- Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO - Wednesday December 18Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO talks about the teams season so far.
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.