Report: Greg Jamison on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes
The NHL is current proposing a 48 or 50-game season in 2013, but fans in the Valley might have more reason to rejoice than most.
Reporter John Shannon of Sportsnet tweeted this out shortly after an agreement was announced between the NHL and NHLPA:
On heels of the tentative CBA deal, good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) January 6, 2013
The news comes a little over a month after Glendale officials approved a new 20-year lease agreement with the Coyotes to stay in Jobing.com Arena.
Jamison formerly served as the CEO and president of the San Jose Sharks before forming a group to buy the Coyotes.
Phoenix has been run by the NHL since filing for bankruptcy in the fall of 2009.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i