Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 8:02 am
Report: Greg Jamison on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes
The NHL is current proposing a 48 or 50-game season in 2013, but fans in the Valley might have more reason to rejoice than most.
Reporter John Shannon of Sportsnet tweeted this out shortly after an agreement was announced between the NHL and NHLPA:
On heels of the tentative CBA deal, good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) January 6, 2013
The news comes a little over a month after Glendale officials approved a new 20-year lease agreement with the Coyotes to stay in Jobing.com Arena.
Jamison formerly served as the CEO and president of the San Jose Sharks before forming a group to buy the Coyotes.
Phoenix has been run by the NHL since filing for bankruptcy in the fall of 2009.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.