Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 2:19 pm
NHL cancels games through January 14
The league announced Thursday it has canceled all games through January 14.
A total of 625 games -- or 50.8 percent of the season -- have now been lost to the work stoppage.
Locally, the Phoenix Coyotes have lost five more home games, including dates with the Philadelphia Flyers, Nashville Predators, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
In all the Coyotes have lost 22 home games.
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Coyotes 5-2
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes sign forward Gilbert Brule to 1-year deal
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Thursday November 21Barry Melrose says Mike Smith is the most exciting goalie in the NHL.
- Shane Doan, Coyotes Captain - Wednesday November 20Shane Doan talks about his hot offensive start.