Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 2:19 pm
NHL cancels games through January 14
The league announced Thursday it has canceled all games through January 14.
A total of 625 games -- or 50.8 percent of the season -- have now been lost to the work stoppage.
Locally, the Phoenix Coyotes have lost five more home games, including dates with the Philadelphia Flyers, Nashville Predators, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks and Pittsburgh Penguins.
In all the Coyotes have lost 22 home games.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.
- Luke Lapinski, Coyotes pre and post-game host - Wednesday April 9Coyotes pre and post-game host Luke Lapinski discusses the Coyotes' playoff race.