Glendale approves Phoenix Coyotes lease agreement
Glendale officials approved a proposed $320 million deal to keep the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena on Tuesday night.
The new deal was passed by a 4-2 vote.
The renegotiated deal would help Glendale lower payments in the early years of the 20-year deal and would save the city $4 million.
Potential owner Greg Jamison and his group of investors can now take the next step in attempting to complete the purchase of the Coyotes. He has expressed an interest in moving quickly to close the deal with the league.
According to the lease agreement, Jamison has until Jan. 31 to complete the sale of the team. During the meeting, he said he was hoping to complete it within the next 30 to 60 days.
The NHL has owned the franchise since 2009.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i