NHL cancels games through Dec. 14, All-Star game
The league made the announcement Friday, the 69th day of the NHL's lockout of its players.
The new cancelations come as little surprise. The two sides had an unproductive negotiating session on Wednesday that produced no movement to break an impasse over splitting more than $3 billion in revenue and also player contracts.
A total of 422 regular-season games, more than 34 percent of the season, have now been lost.
NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly says losing the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is "extremely disappointing."
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.