Updated Oct 15, 2012 - 4:22 pm
Jamison, NHL 'making progress' on Coyotes sale
Jamison, the former San Jose Sharks CEO and minority owner, has been rumored to take over control of the franchise for several months. A tentative agreement of the sale was announced back in May, with little development since.
The Coyotes have been without an owner since 2009, when then-owner Jerry Moyes entered the franchise into Chapter 11 bankruptcy and announced he would sell the club to Research in Motion executive Jim Balsillie, who planned on moving the team to Ontario, Canada.
Following protests from the league, Moyes sold the Coyotes to the NHL for $140 million. The league has had control of the franchise for the past three seasons.
Despite not having an owner, the Coyotes have qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs in each of the last three seasons and advanced all the way to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history last year before being ousted by eventual league champion Los Angeles.
The NHL is currently embroiled in a player lockout that went into effect on September 15.
- Phoenix Coyotes CEO: Dave Tippett 'a scientist when it comes to the sport'
- 2013-14 playoff berth for Coyotes ‘incredibly important' to franchise turnaround
- 'Yotes Notes: Rough 3rd period buries Phoenix Coyotes in Montreal
- Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan opens up about illness, timetable for return unknown
- 'Yotes Notes: Loose puck battle proves to be the difference, as Phoenix falls to Carolina
- Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO - Wednesday December 18Anthony LeBlanc, Coyotes President and CEO talks about the teams season so far.
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.