Updated Oct 15, 2012 - 4:22 pm
Jamison, NHL 'making progress' on Coyotes sale
Jamison, the former San Jose Sharks CEO and minority owner, has been rumored to take over control of the franchise for several months. A tentative agreement of the sale was announced back in May, with little development since.
The Coyotes have been without an owner since 2009, when then-owner Jerry Moyes entered the franchise into Chapter 11 bankruptcy and announced he would sell the club to Research in Motion executive Jim Balsillie, who planned on moving the team to Ontario, Canada.
Following protests from the league, Moyes sold the Coyotes to the NHL for $140 million. The league has had control of the franchise for the past three seasons.
Despite not having an owner, the Coyotes have qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs in each of the last three seasons and advanced all the way to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history last year before being ousted by eventual league champion Los Angeles.
The NHL is currently embroiled in a player lockout that went into effect on September 15.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?