Phoenix Coyotes' Lauri Korpikoski signs with TPS
The Phoenix Coyotes have lost another player to the NHL lockout.
According to NBCSports.com, left winger Lauri Korpikoski has signed with TPS Turku in his native Finland.
He played with them in 2005-2006 before debuting with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL.
Korpikoski was a key component of the Coyotes' offensive attack last season. He scored 17 goals and compiled 37 points in 82 games.
While Korpikoski was under contract with Phoenix for the 2012-2013 season, he will reportedly spend the entire season with TPS if their isn't a CBA agreement by the end of the Finnish SM-liiga's break in November.
The 26-year-old has 102 points in 300 career games.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i