Updated Jul 10, 2012 - 10:16 am
Coyotes, Sean Burke agree to contract extension
The team announced Tuesday it has agreed to a three-year contract extension with Sean Burke, who last year served as director of player development and goaltending coach.
In addition to his role in helping goaltenders, Burke will now also serve as assistant to the general manager.
"We are very pleased to sign Sean to a contract extension," said GM Don Maloney in a press release. "For the past three years, Sean has done a tremendous job working with all the goaltenders in our organization helping them improve and succeed on the ice. We look forward to him continuing in this role and also assisting our hockey operations department in all areas of the business."
Burke has been credited for helping Mike Smith emerge as one of the game's elite goaltenders.
A former NHL goaltender, Burke spent five seasons in Phoenix. He appeared in 211 games with the team, posting a 97-78-29 record with a 2.39 GAA. He is the franchise's career leader in GAA and is second in save percentage (.919).
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.