Eyes on the Predators
Most expect it to be a hotly-contested series, as the teams play similar styles and are both playing well of late.
At least, that's what we think here in the Valley. But what are they saying in good old Nashville, Tennessee?
Read on to find out.
April 27, 2012
The Predators and Coyotes will go head-to-head for the first time in the postseason as they open their Western Conference Semifinals series on Friday at Jobing.com Arena.
Neither the Predators nor the Coyotes play in a traditional hockey market.
If there is one secret ingredient for a team in a nontraditional market to succeed and thrive, the Predators and Coyotes both have it.
History will be made in the next round. Not to imitate the NHL's old television commercial, but a team that has never made the Western Conference Final will advance out of the Nashville-Phoenix series.
When Pekka Rinne is on, there is no wasted motion. He seems undisturbed, virtually stationary, until the moment of truth.
I find it nearly impossible to hate the Coyotes. They're a good team that's been through a tough few years off the ice. Amid bad ownership and a bad bad bad arena idea, they've survived by playing good hockey.
After what has seemed like an interminable wait, we're finally ready to drop the puck on the Western Conference Semifinals, as the Nashville Predators tangle with the Phoenix Coyotes tonight in Game One (8:00 p.m. Central, NBC Sports).
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i