Updated Apr 27, 2012 - 10:52 am
Eyes on the Predators
Most expect it to be a hotly-contested series, as the teams play similar styles and are both playing well of late.
At least, that's what we think here in the Valley. But what are they saying in good old Nashville, Tennessee?
Read on to find out.
April 27, 2012
The Predators and Coyotes will go head-to-head for the first time in the postseason as they open their Western Conference Semifinals series on Friday at Jobing.com Arena.
Neither the Predators nor the Coyotes play in a traditional hockey market.
If there is one secret ingredient for a team in a nontraditional market to succeed and thrive, the Predators and Coyotes both have it.
History will be made in the next round. Not to imitate the NHL's old television commercial, but a team that has never made the Western Conference Final will advance out of the Nashville-Phoenix series.
When Pekka Rinne is on, there is no wasted motion. He seems undisturbed, virtually stationary, until the moment of truth.
I find it nearly impossible to hate the Coyotes. They're a good team that's been through a tough few years off the ice. Amid bad ownership and a bad bad bad arena idea, they've survived by playing good hockey.
After what has seemed like an interminable wait, we're finally ready to drop the puck on the Western Conference Semifinals, as the Nashville Predators tangle with the Phoenix Coyotes tonight in Game One (8:00 p.m. Central, NBC Sports).
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?