Updated Jul 16, 2014 - 7:42 am
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt makes diving stop at All-Star Game
The 2013 National League Gold Glove winner at first base made a stellar diving play for the first out of the fifth inning, diving to his right to rob Oakland Athletics' All-Star Josh Donaldson of a hit.
With St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Pat Neshek on the mound, Goldschmidt dove to his right to stab a hard-hit ground ball in the 3-4 hole before jumping to his feet and firing over to the covering pitcher for the out.
In all, Goldschmidt isn't having as strong of a year as he had last year, when he won baseball's premier fielding award. He has already committed seven errors in 2014 -- two more than he did in all of last season at first base.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.