Updated Jul 16, 2014 - 7:42 am
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt makes diving stop at All-Star Game
The 2013 National League Gold Glove winner at first base made a stellar diving play for the first out of the fifth inning, diving to his right to rob Oakland Athletics' All-Star Josh Donaldson of a hit.
With St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Pat Neshek on the mound, Goldschmidt dove to his right to stab a hard-hit ground ball in the 3-4 hole before jumping to his feet and firing over to the covering pitcher for the out.
In all, Goldschmidt isn't having as strong of a year as he had last year, when he won baseball's premier fielding award. He has already committed seven errors in 2014 -- two more than he did in all of last season at first base.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.