Updated Jul 14, 2014 - 10:02 pm
The Pulse: After rough first half for D-backs, fans say time to 'blow it up'
This, after spending a record-high $108 million in payroll and making a litany of offseason moves.
We asked Diamondbacks fans about their thoughts on the team's first-half performance in our Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day, which was posted as such:
What do you make of the D-backs' record at the All-Star break?
We offered three answers:
• "Not surprised at all, they've had too many injuries"
• "This team is more talented than its record suggests"
• "Time to blow it up. This team isn't built to win."
An overwhelming 57 percent of responders believe that its time to start over for the organization.
And 188 of the 646 total responders -- about 29 percent -- believe injuries are to blame for the struggles.
But less than 100 believe that the team is underachieving and haven't been playing to their talent level.
Baseball's non-waiver trade deadline is July 31 and the Diamondbacks are expected to be among the league's top "selling" organizations.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.